1. Gynaecological Cancers
2. Pregnancy and Birth, including pre-term birth, miscarriage and fertility
3. Quality of Life issues; including menopause, incontinence and prolapse, sexual health, menstrual disorders and endometriosis
The research must be undertaken in the UK.
This award is currently OPEN for applications from midwives only. Applicants must be members of the RCM and registered with the Nursing and Midwifery Council. Applications must be received by 3pm on Friday 6th March.”
We would hope that applicants will be based in a department which has at least a silver Athena Swan award. This will in the future become a requirement of our awards. You can read about the Athena Swan certification here
Entry-Level Research Scholarships are to provide ‘pump-priming’ funds to enable trainees to be exposed to a research environment, or to obtain pilot data for bids for definitive funding. Applicants will normally be within the first few years of graduation, and would not previously have been involved in substantial research projects. Scholarships are a single payment up to a maximum of £20,000 to go towards salary and/or laboratory costs.
Successful completion of an Entry-Level Research Scholarship will be viewed positively should an applicant subsequently choose to apply for a Wellbeing of Women Research Training Fellowship.
The award of a Scholarship is subject to the acceptance of Wellbeing of Women’s Terms and Conditions for Research Grants, and the following restrictions apply:
1. Funds will not be released without evidence of ethics committee support.
2. The research must be undertaken in the UK or Eire.
3. WoW does not pay indirect costs.
4. Charges for administration by University or NHS Authorities will not be met.
5. WoW does not cover University fees.
6. Midwives must be a full member of the RCM at the time of application and for the duration of the project
Applicants are encouraged to read both application guidelines and our terms and conditions carefully prior to completing the application form. Incorrectly completed forms may be rejected and additional materials beyond the application form may be removed. Please obtain all necessary signatures as early as possible to avoid delays later.
You can download the form and guidance materials here:
To apply, please return the application form (Word format) to email@example.com and send a signed hard copy to Philip Matusavage, Wellbeing of Women, First Floor, Fairgate House, 78 New Oxford Street, London WC1A 1HB.
Please note that both copies should be received by the deadline – to reiterate please ensure you obtain necessary signatures as early as possible to avoid issues with this. If you have any queries please e-mail Philip at the e-mail address above.