Senior Media and Communications Officer
Our Communications and Campaigns team is growing this year. We have been changing how we communicate and campaign and are carving out a new approach to media work, political engagement, and digital mobilisation. This role is new to the organisation will be a crucial part of raising our profile.
As Senior Media and Communications Officer you will take a lead on delivering Wellbeing of Women’s media relations strategy, generating regular, high-quality national and regional media coverage for our work, and thinking creatively to promote the organisation’s work through the media and other communications channels.
We are looking for a creative and skilled writer who can tell a good story, has a strong news sense, and a good understanding of writing for our different audiences. Experience working directly with the media is important for this role, in both a reactive and proactive way. We work across several platforms so expertise with social media content creation and strategy is key. Experience with analytics would be a bonus.
This role requires good attention to detail and the ability to take initiative. We are looking for someone with a flexible, can-do attitude, a willingness to learn, and a passion for writing clear and engaging copy.
It is a full time role. Salary £32.5K per annum.
- Work with the Head of Communications and Campaigns to develop and deliver a proactive PR strategy to increase the reach of the charity.
- Develop PR materials including press releases, pitch angles, interview briefs and media lists.
- Coordinate accurate and timely responses to in-bound media enquiries, liaising with journalists and spokespeople.
- Work on media opportunities for our high-profile ambassadors.
- Work with the Head of Communications and Campaigns to plan media for fundraising partnerships.
- Monitor the media, including newspapers, magazines, journals, broadcasts, and newswires, for opportunities.
- Analyse and share our media coverage internally and on external channels.
- Take a lead on media measurement and evaluation, compiling regular reports on coverage.
Communications and Digital Content
- In collaboration with colleagues in the Communications team develop and deliver communications and marketing outputs to promote Wellbeing of Women’s work, and the work of our main campaigns.
- Contribute to our digital channels (including social media and website) by drafting engaging content focused on our work.
- Monitor the news and online discussion for potential content for our channels relating to the women’s health sector.
- Contribute to Communications & Campaigns team planning with creative ideas to help develop our campaigns and contribute to other areas such as fundraising communications.
Attractive benefits package including employee discount scheme and cycle to work scheme.
How to apply
For a detailed job description, please click here.
To apply, send your cover letter and CV to Marianne Sladowsky, Head of Communications and Campaigns on [email protected].
Please note - candidates will be invited to interview as applications arrive.
Wellbeing of Women is an equal opportunities employer.