Wellbeing of Women, a partner charity of the Royal College of Obstetricians and Gynaecologists (RCOG), the International Federation of Gynecology and Obstetrics (FIGO) and the Royal College of Midwives (RCM) are looking to appoint new members to our Research Advisory Committee (RAC).
Wellbeing of Women is dedicated to improving and saving the lives of women and their babies by funding the best medical research into reproductive health and childbirth. This Committee is central to the charity’s objectives, having the following responsibilities:
- To provide scientific and medical advice to Wellbeing of Women.
- To assess applications for Scholarships, Fellowships, Project Grants and any other Wellbeing of Women awards and to make funding recommendations to the Board of Trustees.
- To assess ongoing awards and report findings to the Board of Trustees, advising on any necessary course of action.
- Provide guidance on the charity’s research strategy.
Members sit for a term of three years and meet twice a year at RCOG in London. A list of our current members can be found here.
We are particularly eager to have expressions of interest from individuals with research expertise in the following areas:
- Gynaecological Oncology
- Human Pathology and Immunology
- Reproductive Endocrinology
- Obstetrics / high risk pregnancy
- Psychiatry / Maternal Mental Health
- Reproductive and Genomic Epidemiology
- Reproductive Physiology
- Sexual and Reproductive Health
- Social Science
Your expression of interest should include your CV and a cover letter and must detail your name, region, position, institution, RCOG membership number (if applicable), e-mail address, professional interests and details of other funding committees you sit on/have previously sat on.
If you would like to apply, please send your expression of interest by e-mail to Jeremy Barratt, Senior Research Manager, email@example.com.