Wellbeing of Women is delighted to have partnered with the National Institute for Health Research (NIHR) to jointly fund one Charity Partnership Doctoral Fellowship.
All NIHR Fellowships provide the opportunity to undertake exciting and impactful research that will underpin a researcher’s development as an independent future leader. The Doctoral Fellowship funds researchers to undertake a PhD.
NIHR Charity Partnership Fellowships offer researchers the opportunity to be part of an active and supportive community, drawing on the enormous benefits and opportunities of cross-sector working.
Wellbeing of Women are interested in funding one NIHR Wellbeing of Women Doctoral Fellowship relevant to our remit of women’s reproductive and gynaecological health. This includes the following three areas:
- Pregnancy, birth and the postpartum period
- Gynaecological cancers
- General wellbeing surrounding women’s health issues
The Doctoral Fellowship will fund:
- full salary support, including protected time to concentrate on research
- research costs
- a bespoke training and development programme to meet individual needs
- PhD fees.
Applicants applying for a NIHR Charity Partnership Fellowship:
- follow the same application process as NIHR Fellowships
- should check the charity eligibility criteria in the guidance notes
- should contact Wellbeing of Women if unsure if their research area is eligible for partnership funding.
The NIHR are wanting to promote and increase the number of people with the necessary skills and experience to work at the interface between Higher Education Institutes, industry and the NHS. Therefore as part of this round are encouraging applicants to think about how they can involve an industry partner in their application where relevant. Fundable applications which include industry co-funding between 25% and 50% of the total will receive prioritisation in the scenario where the number of fundable applications is more than the budget allows to be funded (like with applications in strategic theme areas). If you are applying with industry co-funding please indicate in the ‘Application Summary Information’ Section and under the sub-heading “Partnership Fellowship” please select “Industry-other”.
Call launch: 8 April 2021
Submission deadline: 1pm 15 July 2021
Interviews: 16-17 November 2021
Awards start date: 1st April 2022 to 1st September 2022
To apply for a Partnership Fellowship
- For more information about the funding Programme, visit the Fellowship Page
- For help with your application contact email@example.com
If you have any other queries, including about the eligibility for a Charity Partnership Doctoral Fellowship, please contact the Wellbeing of Women research team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 020 3697 6350.