Looking for a new challenge? Do you want to make a difference to the health of the nation’s women and babies?
Wellbeing of Women is looking for a bright, proactive Comms & Digital specialist to help raise awareness and understanding of the work of the charity, develop new media relationships and develop and manage its digital strategy and website.
Wellbeing of Women is the UK’s leading women’s reproductive and gynaecological health charity which for over 55 years has been dedicated to saving and changing lives through research. Our pioneering work into the prevention, diagnosis and treatment across the breadth of female reproductive and gynaecological health, including pregnancy & childbirth, gynaecological cancers, and overlooked areas like endometriosis and the menopause has helped save thousands of lives and ensure a better start for many babies.
Many of the routine tests and treatments that form everyday clinical practice can be traced back to our work, such as the use of ultrasound in pregnancy and the importance of taking folic acid for the health of the unborn baby. Our work into the role of HPV and cervical cancer led to the HPV vaccination program in schools, making cervical cancer preventable for the first time.
Only 2.48% of publicly funded research is dedicated to reproductive health and childbirth which makes our work vital.
Without new research there will be no new cures or treatments.
What we are looking for:
- An experienced PR executive or journalist, though not necessarily charity PR. This role would suit someone looking to make the switch from being a journalist or PR Agency as the job requires excellent writing skills and sound news sense.
- Ability to manage a website and run social media campaigns are important and an understanding of SEO and website metrics.
- Experience in creating compelling copy is essential and experience in graphic design would be desirable to lay out small brochures and newsletters.
- Importantly, we are also seeking someone who passionately believes in the work that Wellbeing of Women invests in to help make a difference to the lives of women, babies and their families.
Responsibilities will include:
- Management of the charity website. Creating new content and keeping website up to date with news, features etc. Refreshing style and introducing new features where required. Introducing new ways to drive traffic to the website and coming up with ideas and suggestions to make it more appealing.
- Developing integrated social media campaigns and managing all our social media content. Creating meaningful, relevant and shareable content to engage a greater number of people and to increase engagement with key influencers.
Help train other staff to get involved with social media content.
- Keeping up to date with new ways to engage with all our supporters on social media and website.
- Proactively engage with bloggers with interest in women’s health, babies and children, women’s interest.
- Be the first point of call for journalists, broadcasters and researchers requesting information and participation in media coverage for both women’s reproductive health and childbirth and Wellbeing of Women
- Identify, conceive and pro-actively develop newsworthy stories and features and sell in to target media with a focus on national and women’s consumer press, and the growing sector of online and digital media outlets.
- Lead on co-ordinating responses to women’s health stories in the media, new research, scare stories, policy changes etc. Where possible develop a stable of pre-approved quotes and comments that can be quickly activated in response
- Actively identify and ‘recruit’ case studies in to share their health issues that reflect all the areas that Wellbeing of Women is funding research
- Create the content and arrange production of the Wellbeing of Women e-newsletters sent out three times a year. Work closely with colleagues across research and fund raising to compile suitable stories
- Support Wellbeing of Women with copywriting and proofreading for external communications as required.
- Contribute to the organisation of fund raising and VIP events
- Proactively seek collaborative opportunities, events and projects with media partners and other relevant organisations and companies.
Please send CV and Cover Letter to Janet Lindsay: JLindsay@wellbeingofwomen.org.uk
Deadline: 21 October 2019