Employer Membership Programme
Boost your organisation’s success by prioritising women's health and wellbeing at work
Create a positive, inclusive, and productive workplace with our Wellbeing of Women Employer Membership Programme
Supporting women's health in the workplace is crucial for ensuring gender equality and business success. When organisations support women’s health they enable women to thrive at work, which benefits businesses, the economy, and wider society. Organisations should develop supportive working environments to reach gender equality in the workplace.
The Wellbeing of Women Employer Membership Programme gives large and small organisations the knowledge, skills, and resources they need to support women’s health in the workplace.
“When we get it right for women, everyone benefits – including businesses, the economy and wider society.”
Professor Dame Lesley Regan, Chair of Wellbeing of Women
Our programme will help you develop policies and effective measures on women’s health issues across the life course, from periods, fertility, and pregnancy, to gynaecological cancers and the menopause.
Who is this programme for?
This programme is for all organisations who want to better support their employees around women's health issues in the workplace. Our founding members include:
- Large organisations with thousands of employees
- Small and medium sized businesses
- Non-profits and governmental organisations
Join today and not only benefit from the great resources, member benefits and support, but be a part of those joining with us to help shape the Programme to better assist organisations like yours understand and support the women's health issues faced by women in the workplace.
In the UK, almost six in 10 women over the age of 16 are in work. That’s millions of women making a valuable contribution to their workplace and the overall economy every day.
The government’s Women’s Health Strategy survey found that only one in three (35%) respondents felt comfortable talking about health issues in their workplace. Around one in two (53%) said their current or previous employers had been supportive regarding health issues.
Many women go through pain, discomfort, and other challenging symptoms. For those who do take time off work, many don’t feel comfortable disclosing health issues as the reason.
- Almost four in 10 women with endometriosis fear losing their job because of it, and over a third say they earn less because of it.
- One in five women report experiencing health challenges relating to menstruation or menopause.
- Nearly 20% of women who take time off work due to menopausal symptoms do not disclose the real reason.
- Over 40% of women who experience menstrual health issues say they work through the pain and discomfort.
Organisations that don’t take women’s health seriously risk losing talented people to more understanding and compassionate employers. Ultimately, this affects productivity, overheads, diversity, equality and inclusion commitments, and corporate reputation.
Join our Employer Membership Programme to access:
- a one-stop shop to help you improve women’s gynaecological and reproductive health and wellbeing in your workplace
- advice, case studies, and resources developed by experts to help you provide practical support
- webinars with top experts for your HR team and managers to learn and share examples of best practice
- regular newsletters updates from our team
- use of our exclusive employer member logo and branding, showing your commitment to support women in work
The Wellbeing of Women Employer Membership Programme will ultimately enable you to:
- increase staff retention as a result of having happy, healthy, and productive colleagues
- benefit from a diverse workforce that promotes innovation, creativity, and mutual respect
- help your employees reach their full potential at every life stage
As a Wellbeing of Women Employer Member, your membership directly impacts the future of women’s health by helping to fund research, support campaigns, and ensure we are able to provide information and guidance on a broad range of women’s health issues.
The only charity working across all women's gynaecological and reproductive health, Wellbeing of Women has the top expertise and resources to help you create a workplace that truly supports women at every stage of their lives. Let us help you create a positive, inclusive, happy, and healthy workplace for your colleagues.
Don't miss out on the opportunity to improve women's health and wellbeing in your workplace. Join our employer membership programme today and discover the positive impact it can have on your business.